Updated: July 24, 2020, 3:00PM
WHA continues to follow guidelines from the Oregon Health Authority and to monitor the situation in our communities and hospitals with the health of our patients, staff and providers as our top priority. Our on-site care includes gynecology, pregnancy, wellness and screening mammography visits, where appropriate. We are still scheduling video visits for many types of appointments and issues whenever possible to minimize community exposure.
We continue to care for patients without COVID-19 symptoms or a known exposure in-person at six locations: Newberg, Tualatin, Peterkort North, Northwest Gyencology Center at Peterkort, Northwest Perinatal Center West and Northwest Perinatal Center East. Our Peterkort South office is reserved for gynecologic and obstetric care of patients with symptoms. All other locations remain temporarily closed as we proceed cautiously following the State of Oregon’s guidelines.
Here is what we are doing in our offices to help keep you healthy:
- Maintaining our no-guest policy so we can use personal protective equipment responsibly and help everyone keep at a safe physical distance.
- Scheduling half as many patients as we normally would for in-person care. Again, safe distancing—no full waiting rooms here.
- Screening all staff, providers and patients for fever, COVID-19 symptoms and exposure before entering our offices. If patients arrive with symptoms, we arrange for them to receive care at a location dedicated to the care of symptomatic patients only.
- Universal masking of all patients, staff and providers while in WHA facilities. You can wear a clean fabric mask from home or a disposable mask will be provided to you. Remember: make sure your mask covers your mouth and nose, avoid touching it and leave it on the whole time you’re here—even during your appointment—unless you’re asked to remove it by one of our staff or providers. Check the CDC’s guidelines for fabric masks.
- Practicing enhanced infection control measures in our facilities, including removing all magazines and cleaning our reception areas, door knobs, handles and other potential touch zones with disinfectant wipes every hour.
- Offering special hours for patients 60 and older seeking preventative care, such as wellness visits and mammography.
- Continuing to offer video visits, where appropriate.
We need your help to prevent the spread of illness, conserve resources and protect our healthcare workforce. Please us call before coming in if you have any of the following symptoms, or have been in close contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Here are more resources for information on COVID-19:
- Frequently Asked Questions: COVID-19 and Pregnancy (WHA)
- COVID-19, Pregnancy, and Breastfeeding (American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists)
- Centers for Disease Control
- Oregon Healthy Authority